Owners Representative/Property Management Bonneville Labs
Bonneville Labs is recruiting a Construction and Property Management, Manager. Bonneville Labs is a flexible coworking lab space optimized for a community of Bio-Doers, emerging biotechnology companies, community partners, and life sciences market leaders. Bonneville Labs believes that a (life science/biotech) startup can innovate faster when its mind-share is freed up from operations to focus on discovery and product development. Bonneville Labs eliminates operational hurdles and reduces the cost of research and development, allowing member companies to go forward, faster with their scientific discovery and development.
General Summary of Role:
This position will have the opportunity to grow as the Bonneville Labs model expands to additional sites throughout the bay area in the coming years.
As Construction and Property Management Manager, you will be the owner’s representative to the tenants, vendors, contractors, architects and engineers, utilities, city/municipal agencies and adjacent community.
- Owners Representation / Property Management (75%-FTE): will lead current projects that include property management and construction management oversight as an owner representative; respond track and budget for all issues that come up on the site reported by customers, vendors or contractors; track all general repair and maintenance; and manage operational needs of a ‘Class A’ commercial campus.
- Set-up Property Management Systems
- Ensure proper billing through Property Accounting group
- Prepare regular progress and budget reports to ownership using excel PowerPoint, Word or equivalent
- Run meetings with ownership, take meeting minutes, track tasks and schedules.
- Coordinate outreach to tenants
- Coordinate vendor activities such as security, janitorial, gardening
- Interface with Brokers and potential tenants
- Manage repair and maintenance contracts and vendors
- Manage preventive maintenance contracts and vendors
- Construction Project Management (25%-FTE): will lead construction teams through all phases of construction through start-up and commissioning of space and coordinate hand off to the tenant operations team upon lease start [Manage Assuming day-to-day business administrative roles and tasks from CEO]
- Attend construction meetings representing site/building ownership
- Ensure that the design/construction team is meeting timelines and budgets
- Prepare monthly reports on deviation from accepted timelines/budgets
- Coordinate ownership’s deadlines for sales/leasing are matched by construction timelines
- Coordinate with architects, engineers and general contractor through all phases of design, construction, start-up and commissioning of the space.
- Coordinate with sales/leasing team for customer requirements and change orders from base design, and manage schedule and budget with construction team.
Potential Additional Duties based on skills:
- Update/edit Basis of Design document with any changes that save money, provide better design or as needed to meet new requirements.
- The Operations Manager must possess a BS/BA Business, Engineering, Construction Management, or related degree
- 3+ years of experience in Property Management, Construction management and/or Business Operations
- Demonstrated project experience that entailed high level communications with multiple team members along with strategic execution. Preference for individuals with experience in Life Science projects.
- Experience creating Strategy and/or Analytics (Preferred: 2+ years’ experience at top management consulting firm)
- Strong Communication skills, not afraid to speak up or engage in productive debate on important issues.
- Experience with assembling and maintaining complex budgets
- Proficient in MS Office Suite,
- Proficient in Project Management Tools to include MS Project, MS Planner, Smartsheets
- Proficient in plan review programs such as BlueBeam
- Must have a strong sense of ownership for their role. This role is the point at which the buck-stops.
- Must understand customer service with strong communication skills, both written and oral. Bonneville labs is a customer centric organization!
- When things break, get your hands dirty and troubleshoot issues that arise.
- Demonstrated ability to execute on both small and large-scale projects
- Able to work successfully with senior executives and partners
- Must be able to manage complicated projects and operation ideally using software such as asana or Microsoft project and strategies such as Kanban or Agile frameworks. Organizational skills are paramount to this position – OCD is a superpower.
- Must be a problem solver who takes time to understand the underlying operations of systems vs just who to call to make problems go away. Getting into the details of how/why systems work is a key attribute.
- Must possess demonstrated experience managing business operations.
- Must possess demonstrated experience developing, implementing Standard Operating Procedures, Guidelines and Policies.
- Would ideally have demonstrated business acumen to include understanding cost/benefit trade-offs, customer retention and a track record of success of working with senior leadership.
Bonneville Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Bonneville Labs is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.